Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Guest Bathroom

I'm having serious panic attacks about the guest bathroom.  I really cannot figure out what I want to do with it.  I could care less about the master bathroom right now, because only hubby and I use that one.  I've contemplated just painting the cabinets and framing out the mirror, painting the walls and adding some artwork.  But, I just cannot get over the nasty marble counter top.  It's yellowed and stained and has a rough feel to it, which I think is odd.  I found this great desk table yesterday on craigslist for $150:

image 2 I adore it!  It will look great white washed. It is the perfect height, width and depth!  I'm envisioning something like this antique table turned bathroom vanity. But, I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet, mainly because, ripping out the existing vanity means I'll have to re-do the flooring.  "Yay!" on one hand, "boo" on the other.  Yay, because I can control what flooring I want in there, boo on having to have someone install it.  So, my next big feat....installing tile floors myself.  My vision is a hex tile, in either carrera marble or just plain ol' white, or a nice penny tile.  Some tile visions floating in my head are:

Penny Round Milk

Then I was thinking of painting the walls a darker color then I had originally ever thought...being a small bathroom, I wanted something very light, to make it look bigger, but the more I search, the more I see designers painting small bathrooms dark colors.  I'm thinking something like Thousand Oceans by Benjamin Moore.  Thoughts?  If you've run across the same color issue in a small bathroom, which way did you go?

No comments:

Post a Comment